Thursday 28 August 2008

Rosemary Wright - Make Up Artist


It's always interesting to see what perceptions the subject has when it comes to a photograph. I was booked to get an image of Rosemary Wright for the paper. I was after a visual hook, Rosemary has a nice portrait image that she gives to PR companies but I was looking for that extra something.

The first pic was more a portrait than anything else, a little play it safe in case my editor didn't like what I had in mind. In fact I gave the editor the choice to choose between the two photos. She instantly went for the mirror shot as it was interesting and not a normal portrait.

The second shot was with the mirror, we tried without the brushes first and it didn't look right. Second attempt was much better. The above is the uncropped version, the final version made the paper.

So, how am I going to approach the story telling group tonight......

No comments: