Wednesday 9 July 2008

Linedancers, ladies golf, a minibus ride, three rock bands and an iron.


Just a normal week then. I don't have a natural dislike to line dancing, it's just not my bag but the linedancers I had to photograph were just a joy.

One golf tournament award presentation later on. A quick sleep and the next day I was tootled around Limavady in a minibus for elderly shoppers. By Friday night it was a couple of July 4th celebrations (more line dancers) and a table quiz.

Come deadline day and the phone call arrives from PJ, "I need a photograph of an iron."

Who am I to let this man down? I was later told it was all in context. I haven't seen the copy yet but I will in the morning. The actual shot was very quick and easy, one of those cheapy light tents off ebay and a couple of homebase work lights (the 150w Tungsten jobs, very hot and will melt most items within a two foot radius). The iron was sitting in a cupboard (we are a two iron household) and the black tile kicked the iron back a bit so it wasn't floating on air.

Now I've told you all this there's now a good chance PJ will now take photographs of his own iron for publication use :)

No comments: