Sunday 27 July 2008

Red Sails Festival - Portstewart

The final day of the Red Sails Festival in Portstewart was busy, really busy. I didn't actually arrive there until 7pm.

George Jones and Clubsound were onstage when I arrived. Crowd shots were easy to do as the auditorium curves round in front of the stage, so it's quite easy to get a live stage shot with a good selection of audience in the image as well. I wanted a shot of the band post gig, had a quick chat with George to arrange it, we walked over to the town hall and within thirty seconds had my shot.


I walked up and down Portstewart with just a 50mm 1.8 lens on the camera. I tend to have a selection on me but decided to leave the bag and work with one lens. The promonade is split on two levels, the road and the sea. So it's quite easy to get good candids.



After a chicken burger, numerous coffee's and the piercing screams of a child or two the fireworks kicked off at 10.30pm. I have to admit I wasn't too bothered about photographing fireworks as I've done stacks of times before, this display was good but finding a way to capture anything to possibly sell afterwards is a fun one to sort out. I'm there though and happy.

From 10.50pm to 11.30pm was just solid traffic out of Portstewart

No comments: