Tuesday 24 June 2008

The best shots happen by accident...

How long did this shot take to put together? About three minutes. Totally unrehearsed, no-booking-required-portrait. My good mate Ali Moore was in need of background material, all I had was a large sheet which I had not unwrapped since buying in the charity shop.

When I rolled it out it was four foot wide and twenty foot long.... no good to anyone but we gave it shot anyway. Ali held up a pole and I "A" clamped the material to the background. Quickly asked Laura to stand in front of said human standed background and there you are.

I find that the pre processing stuff in RAW is much better than hanging on what Photoshop will do to it. I've pretty much moved over to Lightroom for most things now, just PS for the odd clean up healing brush type malarky.

No comments: