Thursday 26 June 2008

"What is that thing on top of your camera?"


It's the single most asked question I get. For starters I don't keep my sandwiches in it.

I stumbled on the Fong Lightsphere a year or so ago. At the time it was expensive but to honest it was worth every penny. I got some severe stick from the press guys until they saw the shots. I've never been a great fan of direct flash but when you have less than five minutes to get the shot then you just get on with it.

Over the last few months I've got peeved with the amount of light it was chucking out, yeah it's diffused and yeah it's everywhere.... but for the music stuff I've resorted to a home made snoot out of black card.

Don't get me wrong, for 97% of all my flash shots the Lightsphere is on the camera.

Want an example? Just look below.....

No comments: