Sunday 15 June 2008

Limavady Jazz & Blues Festival 2008



Good to see the festival doing well this year, last year wasn't that bluesy or jazz for my tastes (with the exception of Kent Duchane who was just plain amazing).


Two acts from Yorkshire which was nice as I got to hear what was going on. The King Bz turned out into some long lost reunion since our first meeting in 2006. Paddy McGuire gave me the low down and that Gary Barrett himself said to say hello to me. Bless.


Friday night was subdued, in and out in an hour. It would have been shorter but the firework display at the Radisson Roe Park Hotel meant I couldn't get parked. Samantha Payne had just taken a break and then went back on.


Saturday night was just heaving all night. It took me twenty minutes to get from one end of Frank Owens Marquee to the other only to realise that I could have walked up the outside and through the "stage door". I got some great shots of Rab McCullough Blues Band so the trek (and three thousand hellos) was worth it.
On events like this you always see the usual gang of photographers. David Larmour, festival photographer Andy Cameron and Norman Thorpe were all out. Twenty four pics later for the paper and my job was done. That didn't stop me getting in Andy's path a few times.... (see below)

No comments: