Friday 13 June 2008

The eyes are the window to the soul?

I kick started a little personal project while I was at the gallery. The Limavady Jazz & Blues Art Exhibition seems to be doing well, in terms of interest. In between times I've been wanting to do portraits with their eyes closed. It doesn't work with everyone. Getting people not to look into the camera but close their eyes takes a little doing, but once they get into it they go in to a world of their own, that's when the good pictures finally start to happen. So the initial idea of the exhibition is there, I'd love to know what they were thinking so I can write a long random list down.

The shots were both natural light, the gallery was acting as one big studio lovely, white and diffused. Panel boards were basically reflecting light all over the place.



Both Joni and Stevie got into it real quick, the white wall helped a lot. Now once I've got 100 of these then I'll exhibit. Only 98 to go.

No comments: