Friday 19 September 2008

Chic Fashion Show

This was arranged weeks ago and my brain was positive it was on a Thursday, so when I look in the diary and I see Tuesday.... plans go to pot for everyone involved. I saw this catwalk as a good run through for two Foyle Fashion Week catwalks I'm doing next week.

The Chic Chairty Fashion show is held in store, over two floors, so the five models have to plan some form of route downstairs then upstairs without bumping into each other. Best position for me was on my knees for a full 90 minutes.




The odd thing I found is it became a homely touchy feely type of do. The audience want to know more and the oddities also fly out (one audient was more bothered about the ring the model was wearing that any of the outfits).







It also gave rise to some great under the breath comments, "it looks like she's wearing marigolds!", as the model walked down with mustard leather gloves on.



So it's not strictly a catwalk, more a soiree of customers willing to give to charity and have a look at the autumn/winter collections. A great evening.

No comments: