Saturday 20 September 2008

Eglinton is now the centre of the universe (or Jason Smyth comes home)

The usually quiet village of Eglinton in Northern Ireland is currently a buzz with paralympic double gold medalist Jason Smyth returning home. I have now gained the press photographers knack of walking backwards between a marching band and a big four x four vehicle, whilst not being run over by a throng of kids, atheletes and adults.

I carried two cameras with me, my old Nikon D50 with a 55-200mm telezoom and the S5 with my 18-55mm. Now there's only so many ways you can photograph a nice bloke on the back of a truck. All cameras point skyward.


For me the better shots came at the end, then I went for the small details. The kids were desperate to touch the medal (I was wondering what it felt like myself but didn't want to try).


1 comment:

Jason Bell said...

And here was me thinking that no one read this....