Friday 19 September 2008

On camera flash modifications and their effects.

It was one of those late nights where I walked into the office to do one thing and ended up doing three other things as well.

On camera flash is pretty bad for most things but as a press shooter you usually have very little choice but to slap the thing on the camera and fire away. I then bought a Lightsphere and that helped a whole lot, the other photogs would poke fun at me but no matter my pictured looked better.

Wanting to get a real good grip on the whole light thing I purchased a copy of "Light: Science and Magic" from Amazon, a wonderful book. The last chapter was going on about bounce cards, so I thought I'd give that a try.


So I created an experiment with the help of the above (belongs to my daughter and the hairdressing head/shoulders has no name). It did provide though a good gauge on how bounce flash, bounce card and the Lightsphere would produce images.
You can see the full set of images here.


No comments: